Week 2 Part B: Business Research


EverAfter Events

https://www.everafterevents.biz/

EverAfter Events is a special event coordination business. They are in the service industry and provide help with planning events, handling contracts, and communicating with vendors. This is a small local San Diego business.

Based off of their website, they have a blog, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. All of these platforms are linked on the website. The blog has it's own header, while the others are linked at the bottom of the site. They seem to be active frequently on all of their platforms with a significant amount of followers. I think they do well of making their social media easily accessible. They also are strong at promoting their work across all of their platforms.

Adelaide's 

https://www.adelaides.com/

Adelaide's is a local florist in La Jolla. This is a small local business that provides floral arrangements for weddings, events, and special occasions.

I could not find their social media on their website, but I was able to find their Facebook page after searching their name on Google.  I think it would be wise to make all their platforms easy to find on their website. If someone wants to look into them because they are recommended they are likely to try the website first. From there, they could venture off to their other platforms. However, their Facebook and Instagram pages are very active and they just posted today to their couple of thousands of followers.

Beyond Meat

https://www.beyondmeat.com/

Beyond Meat is a world wide company in the food industry that produces plant based "meats". They are working to make the source of protein in a persons diet from plants rather than animals.

I could not find social media platforms on their website, but there were references to press and where to buy their product. The website lists fast food restaurants that carry their brand and you are able to order products directly from the website. After further research, the company does have an Instagram and Facebook that is fairly active. I know that as a vegetarian myself, I discovered Beyond Meat through word of mouth and by seeing it as my local grocery store. I did not notice any social media presence from the company. However, they do have almost a million followers.

Nike

https://www.nike.com/

Nike is a well known international athletic attire and accessories company. 

Nike is one of the most famous athletic brands in the world, yet they do not have any social media on their website that I could find. They are so popular they almost don't need to link social media. Their accounts have millions of followers and are not hard to find as they are typically a verified account and moderately active. There last post on Instagram was January 21st.

Wilcox Farms

https://wilcoxfarms.com/

Wilcox Farms is a family farm in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. They provide egg products to the Northwest region of the United States.

There are easy links to both their Facebook and Instagram page where they recently posted to their couple of thousand of followers this afternoon.


What I've gained from my research...    

    After analyzing each of the five businesses, I have noticed that the most used platforms amongst them are Instagram and Facebook. I most likely could have made this assumption without looking into five companies, but it is confirmation that my assumption would be true. I think that these are the most used platforms amongst all people, no matter age, sexual orientation, etc. I believe that when entering social media for your business, these two should be the first accounts you make and link in your website.

    In regards to the websites of the businesses I researched, this assignment showed me the importance of including all of your information on all of you platforms. Whether that is linking social media on your website, linking you website on your Facebook, or including your Pinterest in your Instagram bio. Whatever it may be, you must always ensure to promote yourself on your social media in every way possible.

    It is also important to be active on all your accounts. This doesn't necessarily mean every single day, but frequently enough that your audience feels they are up to date on what you are providing. You will not gain followers with little activity and you definitely are going to struggle to keep the followers you do have if you rarely post. People are following you for your content, which means you need to provide content.

    I think overall this research showed me that social media in regards to business is a very important and time consuming job. I know that I am growing a hatred towards having my own personal social media and the effort and environment I feel is created. I find it to be draining; however, take those feelings and multiply them by four or five more platforms and accounts. That is an entire new full-time vital position at a company, that has the potential to have an immense positive impact.

Comments

  1. Hello Ana!

    First of all, I have to say your background is adorable! I enjoyed reading about the research that you compiled on these 5 businesses, I was curious though as to how many followers and etc. each of them have. I agree completely that it is so important to be active on your social media accounts, many of the businesses that I researched were very withdrawn from social media. It definitely would be a time consuming job as you mentioned, and for even bigger businesses I am sure they employ a team just to keep up with the updates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts