Week 1 Part A : My Template

I am the type of person who is constantly re organizing anything I can in my life. I am always rearranging my room, my car, and updating my calendar. Knowing this, I know without a doubt that I will be changing something on my blog theme or even choose an entire new theme.

For the first "draft" of my blog I chose the “Travel” theme; however I customized it. I wanted my blog to appear warm and inviting, but also have a sense of calmness. I initially wanted a background of nature or a garden. I have always loved the outdoors and when I think of gardens, I think of birds chirping and soaking in the sun while surrounded by the sweet smells. I essentially wanted this feeling in a photo as my background. However, there were none that appealed to me, so I settled on what looks to me like a watercoloring painting with different shades of orange and green.

Green is my favorite color and also a symbol of nature. I thought this background would also tie in any touches of green I wanted to include on my blog. As for the watercolor element, I’ve always been one to do arts and crafts and take on new creative projects. I even went through a watercoloring phase and still will do it from time to time. Watercolor paintings give me a sense of calmness. I picture a serene setting of a person somewhere outside, with soft music playing, painting in the shade on a warm day. The customization I did to my theme allowed me to get that feeling I wanted when opening up my blog.

I believe that the best and most popular social media platforms for personal use are Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and Twitter. I think it depends on the person, but some also consider dating apps social media. In that case, of course all dating apps are for personal use and not business. The ones that I know of that are popular are Bumble, Tinder, and Hinge. 

As for business use, I think Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, TikTok, and Pinterest are excellent tools. Which app is best for a business is circumstantial. The business must factor in their goal is on the platform, their target audience, and the type of posts they plan to make. For instance, TikTok would be used when targeting a younger audience and hoping to sell something that aligns with their common interests.

There is definitely a lot of crossover of social media platforms that work for both business and personal use. In my opinion, what makes a business social media account the most successful is making it feel personal. Relating and identifying with the customer is a great way to keep them engaged.


Comments

  1. Hi Ana,

    I really like your use of the watercolor textured theme; it really feels warming and calm. I agree that watercolor paintings tend to feel very serene and soft.
    I like your breakdown of the various social media platforms we can utilize, even touching on the fact that - to some - even dating apps could be considered social media! That's honestly not an angle I consider very often!
    I'm excited to see more content from you as we move through the semester!

    Best regards,
    Emilie Banks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ana,

    I really enjoy your theme, it's very simplistic while not being too loud or bright on the eyes. Your imagery that your provided in your post made it all the more captivating. I completely agree that successful advertising has a more personal effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ana, This is my second attempt at commenting so please feel free to delete one of my responses if it ever decides to show up!
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts about your theme's color and why you chose it. I found the look of your blog to be very serene when I first clicked onto it. After reading the reasons why you chose it I appreciate it even more. I can see how someone with an artist's eye would be drawn to it. I hope you will post one of your watercolors one day so we can all check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts