Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business & Consumer

Communication in business is constantly evolving. Currently there are endless channels of communication; email, Zoom, face-to-face, over social media, etc. Social media specifically has been very beneficial to businesses. While before most advertising platforms would cost money, social media is free as long as you have access to technology. It is easily customizable and very popular amongst a variety of people. This gives businesses more freedom with how they approach their social media.

Social media is a much more relaxed form of communication. When you choose to email someone, it is considered more formal. Similarly, virtual meetings and phone calls lean towards formality. While social media is a direct connection to customers/clients personal lives.

Personally, when I review a product it is for either one of two reasons. I loved the customer service or the company so much I wanted to leave an amazing review so that they can continue to grow or I had such an awful experience with the personnel or product that I needed to warn others to stay away. The thing that these two reasons have in common is I felt so passionately about them that it led me to take action. I, like others, rarely leave reviews for something I am indifferent about.

If it were my own business’ social media I know that I would encounter a variety of comments similar to those I have left. Choosing how to respond is circumstantial. To give a brief overview, for a negative comment I would always acknowledge the customer's concerns or experiences. It is important to let them know they are heard. In rare cases I may offer them something complimentary, but typically I would offer a solution if possible and my condolences. For a positive comment I would simply show gratitude that they chose to comment and that they enjoyed the product.


Comments

Popular Posts