Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Toyota

The Toyota website does well at showing the customer all their options at once. When you open up the site you are immediately given the option to "select vehicle". Under this tab every one of their vehicles most recent model is listed. I think that the site is very professional as well, the design of the website stays true to their brand. The colors, photos, and layout all remind me of commercials and ads I've seen from Toyota. The consistency amongst all their platforms is what is very professional for me. It stays true to their reputation, which makes me confident with both the website and in my choice for my purchase.

Penny Juice

While scrolling through Penny Juice's website I noted some potential problems for visitors. I had to do a bit of digging to really understand what their products is. While doing so I was very distracted by the color scheme of the website. In my opinion, the website is not very professionally designed. While it is a product designed for kids, the website isn't intended for the kids use. The website does provide all the information the consumer might need and define the product well. However, the amount of colors and photos, that look like they're found on the internet, are very unappealing to the eye. I think to improve the website, Penny Juice could use a redesign of the color scheme and overall aesthetic.

Headhunter Hairstyling

I had a few problems with the way the Headhunter Hairstyling website is formatted. Initially I wasn't sure what the site was meant for. I was torn between whether it was a hair salon or a business that helped hairstylists find salons to work at. It's intention didn't feel clear. Upon further investigation, I discovered that they do offer salon services. However, there is not a convenient way to book a appointment immediately. The photos in their gallery are also not the most flattering or professional photos and do not entice me to pay for their services. The overall layout of the website is somewhat professional, there are some modifications I would make to make it even more professional. I would take more professional photos, with better lighting and a neutral backdrop. I would also create an option to book your appointment directly online.

Apple

While browsing through Apple's website I noticed how easy it is to find what I need. All of their products are displayed at the top of the screens. After clicking on a product every version is laid out with the color and price. If you want to learn more about a specific version there is "learn more" button that will give you even more details about the product. The website is also very professionally laid out. When you first enter the site, it is all neutral colors except for their newest product. This works well to draw your eyes to it. It has all the information you need on their products and provides options for how to buy. It is very well thought out. Their design, aesthetics, and branding make their website very enjoyable to browse through. It also makes this important shopping decision and commitment less overwhelming.

Comments

Popular Posts