Week 12 Part B: Business Specific Tools

Music Sites -

I am not a musician, in fact I do not know how to play a single instrument. However, I found the topic of  "Music Sites" extremely interesting. I wanted to approach it from a consumers perspective. I have never met a person who doesn't like music. Of course everyone has their preferences in genres and artists, but we all enjoy some form of music. I discover new music through TikTok, Apple Music, and the radio. When I scroll on TikTok I'll come across smaller artist who post snippets of their songs and/or tell the story behind them. I love these videos and I almost always look them up to find where I can stream their songs. This is a great tool for people trying to grow in the music industry. I stream all my music from Apple, but when I'm tired of listening to what I already know I listen to the playlist and radio stations they've crafted. I also listen to playlist created by other users. I choose either a genre I like or just a title to a playlist that fits my mood at the time. I find myself hearing a lot of new songs and artist there. Finally, I listen to the radio. I honestly only find myself doing this in my parents cars or when I don't have service or access to play the music from my phone. However, I hear a lot of new songs this way as well. Of the three I've mentioned, TikTok is the most accessible for upcoming or smaller artist.

YouTube - 

I have watched YouTube for as long as I can remember. I started actively watching and subscribing to specific channels when I was in middle school, 2012/13. As a platform, YouTube has many functions. To put it simply there's something for everyone. On YouTube there are creators/channels, subscribers who watch the videos, and advertisements before/during/after videos. Creators or YouTubers have channels and post their choice of content. For example, there are influencers, networks, television shows, sports teams, and celebrities who all have YouTube channels. With this wide variety of videos and channels there is a wide variety of consumers watching. YouTube is a free platform that can be used for anything. Even though the site is free, those who participate can still earn a profit and sometimes earn enough to make it their primary income. However, it may not be the platform for every business or entrepreneur. The decision to use YouTube is circumstantial, it is not as universal as platforms like Instagram of Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts